The "Zero Waste" Project initiated by the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization in 2017 and the "Zero Waste Regulation", which entered into force after being published in the Official Gazette dated 12.07.2019 and numbered 30829, is a waste prevention target that covers the issues of waste prevention, efficient use of resources, and recycling of waste. Institutions that need to implement the Zero Waste System and the deadlines for implementation are determined in the regulation.
Organizations covered by this scope should establish and implement the Zero Waste Management System.
Advantages of the zero waste system;
- Increasing efficiency,
- Increase in performance due to clean environment,
- Reducing costs as waste is prevented,
- Ensuring the reduction of environmental risks,
- Ensuring that employees have a "sensitive consumer" feeling as they contribute to the development of environmental protection awareness within the organization,
- It is to ensure that the institution has the title of "Environmentalist" in national and international markets, thus increasing its reputation. "